Monday 31 January 2011

Tutorial.

My one-on-one tutorial was generally positive. I was advised to consider scale, and how I want my work to be viewed. The term 'relationship with the floor' was used, which confused me at first. I wasn't aware that I had a relationship with the floor, but in an art sense, using the floor can dramatically alter the viewers perspective, on a physical level, and in how we react to the work itself. My work in my studio space is arranged over a table and window sill. It is messy and unorganised, and doing itself no favours. I was advised to try to separate my work, by displaying it in different forms. I got hold of a small table and put two of my small collages onto it. These immediately gained a sense of importance, that they lacked when engulfed in the mass of miscellanea that is my studio space.

No comments:

Post a Comment