Friday 14 January 2011

Freelance
A few days ago I attended a lecture regarding freelancing and self employment. If I’m totally honest although this idea sounds appealing, I don’t think it’s my thing. Shocking as it may sound, being on a fine art course, I don’t plan to be an artist (controversial, i know). I’m on this course because I enjoy art, I have an interest in it and I’d like to get a career in a creative industry but I’d happily work for someone else. I like being set a brief. I actually prefer to be told what to do. When left to my own devices I tend to procrastinate and lose focus. This said, I did find the lecture interesting, and they do put forward a good case towards being freelance. There are obvious benefits and perhaps in the future when I have a steady income I would be interested in furthering my art career independently. This all seems quite far off though, and for now I’m focusing on getting through this degree then going onto further education in the realm of social work/art therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment