Tuesday 16 November 2010

Things Organized Neatly . I stumbled upon this blog which I felt related to the kind of stuff I've been looking at recently.

http://thingsorganizedneatly.tumblr.com
































I also came across a chinese contemporary artist, Hong Hao and his work entitled 'My Things'. He collects all the ephemera and trinkets from his life and documents them via photography.This voyeuristic work makes you question, if you were to disappear today what would be the material left in your wake...























I had a go at using my stuff, arranged on a blank background, and then edited the photos to increase contrast etc.
I'm not particularly happy with these photos, they dont really say alot, or have any particular impact. Maybe if id used hundreds of objects on a larger scale, it might have looked more impressive but, you live and learn...




No comments:

Post a Comment